Making Existing Homes Better
Get notified about the next update
Siding doesn’t just add aesthetic value to your home. It also provides essential protection from the elements, so it’s important to make a good choice in your siding material. But which to choose? Let this infographic help you decide!
Here’s a sampling of popular siding choices featured, along with descriptions, average life expectancy, and features:
Natural wood has long been a popular siding material, and it’s viewed as one of the most beautiful. It also happens to be one of the most expensive and requires the most maintenance.
Average Life Expectancy: 20-40 years
• Available in many finishes, textures, and styles
• Fairly simple to repair, but difficult to install over existing siding
• Requires frequent painting or staining
• Susceptible to moisture infiltration and threats from pests
• Longevity can be extended with meticulous maintenance
Take a look around, and you’ll learn that vinyl is the most popular exterior siding choice in the U.S. It’s affordable, long-lasting, and needs little maintenance.
Average Life Expectancy: Up to 50 years
• Comes in many styles, textures and orientations, in a full palette of colors
• Vinyl is as cheap (and sometimes even cheaper) than aluminum
• Very low maintenance, relatively easy to clean, never needs painting
• Comes with the option to add extra built-in insulation
• If installed properly, vinyl shouldn’t ever warp or buckle
Ready to learn more? Check out the complete infographic from your friends at Skywalker Windows & Siding! Skywalker is a team of elite home improvement professionals serving the NC Piedmont Triad, Piedmont Triangle, Charlotte Metro, and Roanoke, VA areas. Ready to experience the Skywalker difference? Check out our website, or just give us a call at (336) 265-9595.
Book your appointment now & get a free Estimate.